Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lacie Nation ~ Courageous Dare ~ Contemporary Military Romancee



Hello Lacie, welcome. We’re here talking about Lacie’s latest release, Courageous Dare, a contemporary military romance. Before we get started with the interview, tell us a little about you, Lacie:



My name is Lacie, I live in Columbus, Ga with my wonderful boyfriend. I have lived in Georgia for most of my life. I write when I am mad, sad, happy, or well…feeling pretty much any emotion. I write from a very personal place; there are a lot of things in my writing that I have been through and I add aspects of my own family and friends into my work.
My family and friends are my rock and if it weren't for them I would have given up on getting published a long time ago.



Well, we’re more than thankful for your friends and family…and they supported you in your writing endeavor. Our win ;) Let’s get going on those questions…



KDR ~ Please tell us how the idea came to you for Courageous Dare. Please include all the fun details.
 

LN ~ I had the idea for the dare while I was cooking dinner. I knew I wanted them to have an instant connection, but I also wanted there to be a challenge for them. Then I pictured couples back during WWII and thought I’d put a modern spin on those whirl wind romances.



KDR ~ Give us some insight into Baylee Crawford. What’s a bit of her back story?

LN ~ Baylee is the person in her family that always knows what to say or do or how to handle a situation. She’s strong and independent and the light in her family’s eye.



KDR ~ Who is Baylee to Nash? Can you give us a bit about the first time they met each other?

LN ~ LOL…well considering the first time they meet is at a party during a game of truth or dare its a little risqué. However, when Jack realizes how he feels about Baylee, he loves her deeply and completely.



KDR ~ Why this location? Anything in particular in real-life that made you select it?

LN ~ I live in GA and have always loved it. There’s something very charming about small towns where everyone knows everyone. I have also always loved horses so I threw that in there as well. Horses are very freeing and during the hardest parts of my life, horses have always been there.



KDR ~ Which scene was your favorite to write? Can you share a little of it?

LN ~ Oh there were so many of them. In all honesty I would have to say, as sad as it is, my favorite scene was the notification. Without giving too much away, when Baylee and her family are notified of a loved one being killed in action, I put so much emotion into that scene I had to lay down after I wrote it. I would have to say I’m the most proud of that scene.



KDR ~ Sounds like a heart-touching scene, Lacie.

Please share anything else about this story you’d like ~ maybe a difficult scene or character ~ someone or something not cooperating.

LN ~ I can say this story nearly wrote itself. I fell in love with the characters because they are so close to my family. I tend to use little bits and pieces of my family and friends.



KDR ~ What are you working on now?

LN ~ I’m working on a story called The Weeping Willow Tree. It’s early on, but I love it so far.
 

KDR ~ Where can we find you? List all of your links.




@lacie_nation

  

fhfhfhfhfhfhfh
 



Quickie Quiz

        Getting to know Lacie Nation



2 Things you do to relax:

I read (I know that’s so generic) but what really relaxes me is going to shooting competitions.



Favorite sport to watch:

College football! Go DAWGS.



Cat or Dog:

Total dog person and not just because I’m allergic to cats.



Favorite places to write:

At home, and I have to be alone to do so. I swear BF has a Lacie’s writing radar.



Place you’ve always wanted to go, but haven’t:

Ireland or somewhere like that. 



Breakfast drink:

Cappuccino



Favorite season ~ why:

Winter! I live in GA where it gets 95+ and so humid it’s hard to breathe. Of course winter is my fav!



What are your hobbies /past times (besides writing):

Shooting competitions, I shoot a rifle and a pistol. My whole family competes with me so it’s a great time. 




fhfhfhfhfhfhfh



Click Cover for Buy Link 



Title: Courageous Dare
Author: Lacie Nation
Publisher: Secret Cravings Publishing
Length: 160 Pages, eBook Format
Sub-Genres: Contemporary, Military
VBT Dates: Feb 13-Mar 13

Blurb:

Baylee Crawford thought she had her whole life figured out, right up until she accepts a scandalous little dare involving a mysterious man that makes her throw caution to the wind. When she falls completely in love with her mystery man, how will she cope when she has to say goodbye to him as he leaves for war? When a tragedy threatens to tear her world apart, Baylee is left feeling lost and has no idea how to help her family in the midst of this loss. Follow Baylee and Nash through a tale of love, passion, longing, war, and tragedy.


fhfhfhfhfhfhfh



Lacie, thanks for making my place one of your CBLS Promotions Book Tour stop. Congratulations on the release of Courageous Dare!! Wishing you many, many more successes.



Thank you Everyone for stopping in and visiting with Lacie. She will be at these tour stops next:



Mar 4: House Millar (Review)
Mar 5: Love to Read Romance (Interview)
Mar 6: Cocktails and Books (Book Feature)
Mar 7: Ex Libris (Interview)
Mar 8: Rage, Sex and Teddy Bears (Book Feature)
Mar 9: Guilty Indulgence (Book Feature)
Mar 10: Jagged Edge Reviews (Review)
Mar 11: Close Encounters with the Night Kind (Interview)
Mar 12: Harlie's Books (Interview)
Mar 13: Erotica for All (Book Feature)



Until Next Time…Warm Hearts & Hugs,

Kay Dee

There’s a way to get FREE ebooks

Purchase the print book from MuseItUp Publishing and get the ebook for FREE! Don’t hesitate…they’ve got the books you’re looking for all in one online store.





1 comment:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Lacie...you look so happy in your picture, it makes me smile. Thanks for being here today. I brought you a cappiccino.

Here's another little question for you...where's your favorite place to write...and do you have any writing rituals you do to make it the ultimate writing time (like fragrant candles, a certain music, a special chair or window view)?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...